1 pound eggplants
4 large onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic
3 cups olive oil
1 can tomatoes and 1 tablespoon tomato paste
or 3 fresh tomatoes and 1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 fresh tomatoes sliced
1/2 bunch parsley
Salt and pepper
- Tear the eggplants along without the split.
- Put them in a bowl with water and salt for half an hour so they won't drink later the oil when they fried.
- Then drain and fry in half the olive oil.
- After all fried in the same oil fry the onion.
- Add the garlic, the tomatoes, the parsley and 1 cup water and let them all boil until they are left with their oil.
- Season to taste.
- Place the eggplants in a baking pan and fill in with the sauce.
- Pour over the remaining olive oil.
- Place the slices of tomatoes on each eggplant and sprinkle with the salty cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for 1 hour.