4 large red peppers,
8 balls of fresh mozzarella,
50 gr. anchovies, drained and chopped,
10 black olives, chopped pitted
2 cloves garlic, crushed,
15 gr. capers, drained and chopped,
1 tablespoon chopped basil,
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven grill to high temperature. Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and the outside.
- Brush a pan with some olive oil and put in the peppers cut side down. Pour over a little more olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes, until blackened their skin.
- Turn the peppers upside down and put in the garlic.
- Pour a little more olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, until peppers are very soft.
- Fill the peppers with mozzarella, olives, anchovies and capers and place on top the basil.
- Bake for another 1 minute.
- Beat half a cup of olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and pour the mixture of peppers.