- 1 box pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 12 large fresh sea scallops
- 4 tbsp. good-quality olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green peas, shelled and blanched
- 4 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced (preferable lemon thyme, if you have it)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container (475g) ricotta cheese
Cook the pasta per package directions until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, rinse scallops and pat dry.
Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. butter over high heat in a skillet until foamy.
Sprinkle scallops with a little salt and pepper; place in skillet in single layer.
Cook, turning once, until brown they are on outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
Remove from pan and set aside. Drain pasta and return to the pot over low heat.
Stir in lemon zest, juice, remaining 3 tbsp. olive oil, peas, and thyme.
Toss to coat, then season with salt and lots of pepper.
Add the ricotta and mix gently until pasta is coated evenly.
To serve, divide the pasta between four plates, topping each with three scallops and a sprig of fresh thyme.