Pregnancy Massage: The Facts
Pregnancy is undoubtedly the most cherished phase in a woman's life. A woman undergoes a lot of changes in her body. This is also a phases where she experiences extreme mood swings. This is due to the change in hormones in her body. Hence it is important to allow her to enjoy a lot of pampering and luxuries.
This will make pregnancy a memorable affair. According to researches and studies, it has been proved that pampered pregnancy results in a more beautiful and healthy baby.
In the past, people used several techniques to take special care and protect a pregnant lady. In the modern world, many advanced technologies are available for the same.
Pregnancy massage is one of these techniques. Unfortunately not many are aware of the beauty and benefits of pregnancy massage. This is a specialized therapy that ensures luxurious treatment. It also offers several biological benefits.
Here is how specialized massage therapy can prove to be beneficial during pregnancy:
* Pregnancy massage is highly beneficial. It helps in pampering the pregnant woman and offers extreme relaxation from the irritation caused by the regular physical and hormonal changes occurring in your body.
* It is a fantastic method to feel comfortable and remain stress free. It also offers you relief from many other tensions.
* It leaves you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
* Pregnancy massage offers superb relief from many common problems such as breathlessness.
* Massage during pregnancy helps one to enjoy extreme deep breathing. This is very beneficial for your body and for the health of the baby.
* Massage during pregnancy will develop sensory awareness. This will make you more receptive during the process of childbirth.
* Pregnancy massage is a fabulous reliever from the persistent body ache. This is very common during pregnancy. Massage also strengthens weak body muscles and reduces many discomforts such as cramps and stiffness in body suffered by women during pregnancy.
* Regular massage during pregnancy facilitates maintaining blood pressure of the body and also enhances blood circulation. Proper blood circulation ensures elimination of waste products from the body such as lactic acid.
This works towards promoting circulatory as well as lymphatic systems of your body.
However, there are several precautions that required being taken before going for a pregnancy massage. Here are some points that you require considering seriously.
* Strictly avoid going for pregnancy massage therapy when you are in the first trimester of your pregnancy.
* You must avoid certain massage techniques such as deep tissue work.
* It is very important to consult your doctor prior to going for pregnancy massage. Your doctor must know about the massage treatment you are going through.
* Understand the importance of getting pregnancy massage done only under a certified pregnancy massage therapist. This will protect your body during massage and ensure that nothing wrong happens.
* You must be very clear about personal hygiene
* Quality of products you use must also be taken into consideration
* Let the therapist know about any pain or discomfort that you pregnancy massage. Stop the massage if you are not comfortable
* Directly consult your gynecologist for any queries you have in mind.
Spa Massage: Enjoying Different Types of Spa Massage
Is there a Massage dedicated for Neck and Back Pain?